- Image Gallery
Analoque Passive EQ with Digital Control and Automation in 500 series format!
It is the Pultec section of the EQ 232p
Bettermaker™ combines the advantages of digital and analog world.
The device was built with the greatest care for the details and it is 100% handmade. The aim was to combine the advantages of digital and analog world without compromise. Thanks to Bettermaker’s construction the device provides a natural and noise free sound followed by incredibly comfortable way of regulations and the possibility to save settings in memory.
Besides their pure analog signal paths, these units have a full digital recall with 399 cells for your own presets, which you can recall with one touch.
You can save your settings in the internal memory of the EQ’s as well as in your D.A.W….AND… in your project with your AUTOMATION.
You also have an A/B comparing function known from plugins.
By building these equalizers, Bettermaker wanted to create devices that would have a maximum range of usage and a very characteristic, but clean sound. We picked out the best classic designs and modified them to be more practical. As we work faster and faster every day, we need to have the highest quality and maximum speed we can get. That was the main motivation to develop the Bettermaker® EQ 232P.
Here are some of Bettermaker’s® EQ 502P features:
- Stereo/Dual mono Pultec section- Shelf filters based upon legendary constructions, offered in combined, matched stereo, with all the features including separate boost and attenuation knobs.
- Full digital recall with 399 cells for your own presets.
- USB link to use the EQ’s just as you would use a plugin, including Automation.
- Free AU, VST, RTAS, AAX, 32 & 64 bit plugin controller
- Steel screen isolators for maximum separation of digital and analog sections
- You can connect up to 99 EQ502P’s to one D.A.W. and control them with dedicated plugins. (At this time, there can be connected up to two Bettermaker EQ500 series products for one USB port).
- Bettermaker 502p side 1 Bettermaker 502p side 1
- Bettermaker 502p side 2 Bettermaker 502p side 2
- Bettermaker 502p back Bettermaker 502p back
- Bettermaker 502p side 3 Bettermaker 502p side 3
- Bettermaker 502p side 4 Bettermaker 502p side 4
- Bettermaker 502p front Bettermaker 502p front
- Frequency response:5Hz to 100kHz (-0.5dB)
- Dynamic range:more than 106 dB
- S/N ratio:more than 104 dB
- THD+N:less than 0.004%
- Input impedance:20k Ohm balanced
- Output impedance:200 Ohm balanced
- Max input level:+24dBu balanced or +18dBu unbalanced
- Max output level:+24dBu balanced or +18dBu unbalanced
- Unity gain:balanced: 0dB, unbalanced: -6dB
- Clip detector:present
- P EQ low freq. range:20, 30, 60, 100Hz
- P EQ high freq. range:3, 4, 5, 6, 10, 12, 16 kHz
- P EQ high cut freq:5, 10, 20 kHz 6db/oct
- Preset storage capacity:399 presets
I have seen the future, an I love it.
Every once in a while, a product comes along that seems to rewrite the rule books in terms of its implementation of audio technology.
This is an extremely high-quality equalizer with a comprehensive range of facilities, which will no doubt win it many friends in both recording and mastering studios alike.
The EQ 230P is possibly the most fully featured and versatile equalizer available today.
This unit really does embody the best of all worlds: precise, transparent correction and warm, musical creativity. There's nothing about the sound that I don't like...
Sound On Sound
...for anyone who values the sonic character of high-end outboard equipment, it has no competition.
Sound On Sound
It sounds absolutely fabulous!
The Bettermaker EQ 230P is two equalizers in one, each with its unique and useful personality. They’ve made an excellent point of emulating a classic Pultec down to the curves and the sound of it. In contrast, the EQ1 and EQ2 are very clean, transparent equalizers, and the P section has a very nice, warm character while also being clean enough even for purist classical music. A very nice combination and implementation of two styles in a single box. Regardless which of the two EQ styles you choose, or even mixing the two styles together, the resulting sound will be lively, clean, pure, dynamic. It can have character, warmth, and clarity at the same time.
Bob Katz, Grammy winning Mastering Engineer
(Olga Tañon, Paquito D’Rivera, Ben Kingsley)
The Bettermaker 230P is an incredible Equalizer. Today we expect our gear (analog and Plugins) to have more than one simple use. The BM does this. Also I think it has pioneered a new breed of gear – 100% analog signal signal path with recallable digital control circuitry. And it does this while sounding amazing. I use it on everything!
Dave Pensado, Grammy winning Mix Engineer
(Celine Dion, Christina Aguilera, Beyonce, Mariah Carey, Michael Jackson, Monica, Pink, Seal, Shakira, Justin Timberlake, Usher…)
I wanted to say thank you so much for making the truly incredible BetterMaker. I fell in love with it within five minutes. It sounds FANTASTIC. So musical, and so helpful to me on a mix. The high pass alone is incredible and has made my mixes so much more focused… more…. better! And it goes without saying that having instant recall on the unit is a massive benefit to me, when I’m often in the middle of more than one project at once and needing to recall mixes frequently.
(Adele, Katy Perry, Kid Cudi, Pink, OneRepublic, Aerosmith, Celine Dion, Elton John…)